Skincare Empties #1

January 22, 2016

While the house is being KondoMarie'd (today I got rid of 2 bags of clothes) we've stumbled across a few empty beauty products that are both new first buys and staples in the Smudged It household... so on their way to the bin I thought I'd give you the rundown.

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm £4.50 - My old go to before I discovered Nuxe Reve De Miel. It is cheaper but not as hydrating.
Repurchase? Maybe if I can't get the Nuxe.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+ £13.15 (on offer) - Great for my spot prone skin dehydrated skin, not too drying and it does help minimise any spots that are appearing.
Repurchase? Yes, I'm on my fourth tube now.

Ole Henricksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil £47.00 - I received this as a sample in a kit and much preferred it to the Truth Serum. Lovely oil although a tad pricey for me.
Repurchase? Probably not.

Miss Dior Cherie Eau De Parfum - My old staple perfume which sadly Dior no longer make although there are other versions.
Repurchase? I would if I could.

Sunday Riley Good Genes £85.00 - This was defiantly a shut your eyes when clicking order and unfortunately I'm not convinced it was worth the money. Having hoped it would help clear up my spot scarring I see the same results using other cheaper products.
Repurchase? No - although I do want to try the Luna Sleeping Oil.

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ £14.00 (on offer) - Not the biggest fan of this sunscreen as it felt a bit greasy and heavy on the skin.
Repurchase? Nope.

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 £11.45 (on offer)- This is great for Winter skin, super hydrating and thick, I just mix it with Effaclar Duo+ which makes it not as heavy on my skin.
Repurchase? Yes, this is my third and I just bought two more as backups!

Nuxe Reve De Miele £9.50 - Best lip balm I've found as it actually works and stops my lips cracking in the Winter.
Repurchase? Yes, this is my fourth and I have a backup.

HealGel Intensive £37.50 - I started off using this on my face in place of a serum but have found it works best when you've picked a spot (I'm sure we've all done this) to stop it leaving a big mark.
Repurchase? Probably.

Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil £22 - It's a good natural rosehip oil but didn't wow me.
Repurchase? Maybe, once I've tried other rosehip oils.

Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream £22.54 (on offer) - When I was looking for a natural eye cream a couple of years ago I stumbled across this one from Antipodes which isn't just natural but is also 30ml, twice the quantity of other eye creams the same price. A hidden gem and a bit of bargain in my opinion.
Repurchase? Yes, this is my second pot.

Burberry Body Eau De Parfum from £44.00 - Since the Dior was discontinued this has become my new favourite scent, although I hate the packaging the scent makes up for it and it isn't too popular which means I don't feel like everyone will be else is wearing it too.
Repurchase? Yes, I'm onto my third bottle.

La Roche Posay Serozinc £7.20 (on offer) - When Caroline Hirons said it was great for combination and acne prone skin this went straight onto my wish list then when it became available in the UK I bought two! I do think it works at keeping spots at bay and is a nice part of my skincare routine.
Repurchase? Yes, onto my fourth can.

Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright £29.99 - Went through a few tubes of this but honestly I don't think it worked at reducing my spot scarring enough to be worth using.
Repurchase? No.

Ren Clear Calm3 Cleanser £19.00 - My favourite clay based cleanser, not too drying but effectively cleanses my skin. Great for morning cleanse and I think it's a basic everyone should have in their beauty cabinet.
Repurchase? Yes, on my third.

... and breathe! There you have it a roundup of thoughts on my skincare empties, I hope you've found some new skincare bits to try.

L x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Instagram


Please Note - The content and photography featured on this blog are copyright of Smudged It, they may not be reproduced without the owners permission.


Subscribe